jQuery 1.3 is now official!
The big features of this release are:
- Sizzle: A sizzlin’ hot CSS selector engine.
- Live Events: Event delegation with a jQuery twist.
- jQuery Event Overhaul: Completely rewired to simplify event handling.
- HTML Injection Rewrite: Lightning-fast HTML appending.
- Offset Rewrite: Super-quick position calculation.
- No More Browser Sniffing: Using feature detection to help jQuery last for many more years to come.
jQuery at Dovetail Software
Almost all of our current development projects are using jQuery, so upgrading to the new version to take advantage of the new features and performance will be an exciting improvement. The performance gains in the selector engine and HTML injection should help us improve our software. The benefits of using jQuery is already apparent, and we continue to use it more every day in development and maintenance of our software.
jQuery API browsers
One of the best development aids for jQuery is Visual jQuery. It shows the syntax and definition for every jQuery method available, in a very easy-to-use interface. Remy Sharp just released a new jQuery API browser, and this one is available offline as well as an Adobe AIR application.
The new API browser includes the following features:
- All the latest jQuery and jQuery UI documentation
- The ability to mark pages as favorites for those pages you keep wanting to return to
- Syntax highlighting in the code examples
- Live running of examples within the browser
- Links to edit and experiment with the code examples