A few years ago, I created ClarifyToolbox.com, which was a a repository of apps, code snippets, add-ons, and APIs for the Clarify environment.
It was a little experiment of my own making to try and share some resources with the community, and also a chance for me to play with Drupal.
It just didn’t get the traffic or interest anticipated, and it was costing me money out of my own pocket every month, so it’s now shut down.
I still own the domain. If someone in the community is interested in it, let me know.
I received an email today from IT Toolbox:
Based on recent member feedback, the following groups will be deactivated:
You are currently a member of one or more of these groups. You can ask or reply to new threads in CRM – General Discussions.
I’m definitely saddened by this – I’ve shared a lot of information there, and learned a lot as well. We’ll see how the Clarify community takes to the CRM – General Discussions list instead.
I’m guessing that it’s due to the lack of activity on the Clarify list. Looking at the number of messages per month, the decline is pretty obvious.
Quite the decline from its heyday in the early 2000s.
Check it out: http://www.clarifytoolbox.com/
Clarify Toolbox is a repository of apps, code snippets, add-ons, and APIs for the Clarify environment.
Have some code to share that might be useful to others in the Clarify community? Post it to ClarifyToolbox.
Interested in code snippets, APIs, or free products for your Clarify implementation? Download it from ClarifyToolbox.
Have a suggestion? Email the site administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also presenting will be Joshua Flanagan from Dovetail. Josh will be talking about about “Leveraging conventions in .NET”, including walk-throughs of a few examples of how my conventions in our day-to-day work help us move fast, including:
jQuery – Should give you a good taste of its power, if you aren’t using it yet. There are a few more jQuery sessions at Code Camp so you can dive in deeper if you like what you see. Fluent NHibernate – even if you haven’t used FNH or NHibernate, you’ll still be able to appreciate the examples FubuMVC – should also be interesting to ASP.NET MVC developers
Sounds like great stuff!
The Conference is this Saturday, May 15, …
It’s that time of year again – time for the Austin .Net User Group annual Code Camp. It’s a one day free conference, For the Community, By the community. The Conference is this Saturday, May 15, 2010. You can still register online.
Dovetail’s "rules engine." We have a custom rules engine built on the standard Event – Condition – Action pattern that works against our domain model. The E-C-A parts are all composed with StructureMap and the rules configuration is done by an external DSL editor that presents a near English experience for users. It’s also very extensible for those pesky customer customizations down the road. I think …
While I’m in Massachusetts next week, we’re sponsoring a get-together for our Dovetail and Clarify friends.
Wednesday, December 16th from 5:30 – 8:00 at John Harvard’s Brewpub in Framingham, MA.
Drinks and appetizers are on us.
It’s an informal evening, talking Dovetail and Clarify, technology, and meeting like-minded people, all while sharing a few pints.
RSVP to the event through meetup.com: http://www.meetup.com/DovetailHappyHour/
Looking forward to seeing you there!
I spent Saturday with friends, co-workers, Twitter peeps, and assorted geeks at the third annual Austin Code Camp. I’ve been all three years, and I enjoyed this one the most. There was over 200 attendees, which was a great turnout. There was a lot of great sessions. It was also cool that a bunch of people made the drive in from Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Houston.
The sessions I attended:
Of course, not only was it great to attend the sessions, but getting a chance to meet and converse with lots of cool, smart people in-between sessions and after the …
I love this:
This was not a product roadshow. This was a listening tour.
This is brilliant. Just watch: http://garyvaynerchuk.com/2008/03/20/the-8020-business-ruleheck-life/
We can only execute on 10 percent of our ideas. We might as well give the other 90 percent away.
There was an interesting discussion this week over on the Clarify IT Toolbox list – interesting (to me) not so much because of the technical question, but because how it brings to light user stories, or lack thereof.
The original question:
How Can I custimize the process of "Accepting" a case. I want to have a msgbox before a case is accepted. Some of the discussion: what is your customisation exactly ? what will appear in your msg box ? I just want to display a message Box before a case is accepted.msgbox can contain any text message like "Hello". Do you want the message box to appear before the accept dialogue appears? "Before a case moves to the default wipbin (because I am having only one wip bin), a msgbox with some text should poped up." You …