Modernizing with Dovetail
Dovetail’s total system approach to modernizing Clarify addresses all aspects of the system from the UI and its customization framework to the backend server applications and security. We make it possible to completely overhaul the system or to easily solve just one or two particular issues. Our products and services allow you to infuse current technologies that breathe new life into the system through expanded methods of deployment, increased functionality, simplified customization and administration, and lower costs.
We couldn’t be happier with our decision. My advice for any Clarify thick client users looking to replace or upgrade their systems is to work with Dovetail Software.
Dovetail offers a completely independent framework for accessing Clarify data through the web. It can be used to replace your existing access points to Clarify such as the classic client, eSupport, and smart client or it can be deployed in parallel to them. Key benefits are improved usability, a simpler architecture, simpler customization, and lower overhead.
- Dovetail Agent: Full access web client, contemporary UI, efficient, low overhead
- Dovetail Mobile: Simple and common workflows accessible from almost any mobile device with a browser.
- Dovetail Agent Lite: Simplified UI for less skilled users, reduced training requirements.
- Dovetail SelfService: Customer access to cases and knowledge content. Easily customizable to corporate look and feel.
Dovetail products and services enable the creation of more reliable and universal links between your CRM and other enterprise applications. Built with change and maintainability in mind, they can be updated quickly and inexpensively, adding more flexibility to how you support changing business requirements.
Dovetail offers a full suite of replacements for backend Clarify applications such as Rule Manager, Email Clerk and dataex. We have carefully rethought each one with respect to how their core functions fit in today’s IT environments and created our own improved versions, each with improved reliability and feature sets. These products also lay the groundwork to greater flexibility in how you manage your infrastructure upgrades. They offer much broader database and OS version support so you will no longer be forced to upgrade your CRM system in order to upgrade its database.
A key design criteria for Dovetail products is to allow customization but to do it in a way that keeps the upgrade process as simple as possible. Dovetail’s use of contemporary technology, design, and development methodologies sharply reduce the overhead of maintaining customized systems by making them easier to learn, change, and troubleshoot.
The net result of Dovetail’s modernization approach is that you will gain all the benefits of implementing a new enterprise CRM system without usual disruption to your business, at a fraction of the cost, and in a fraction of the time.
- Agility: A Dovetail CRM system can rapidly change to address new business challenges while keeping both short and long term costs in check.
- Modern UI: The clean and efficient UI will boost user productivity and lower training costs. Ultimately, your customers will enjoy better support.
- Phased Deployment: Dovetail’s web client is 100% compatible with all versions of Clarify and can be deployed in parallel with the standard clarify clients. You can roll Dovetail’s client out one business group at a time, lowering risk and minimizing potential disruption.
- Smaller Scope: Since your data and back-end interfaces can remain in place, set up is much quicker and simpler than migrating to other CRM platforms. Dovetail also provides great tools that make managing the database simpler.